☀️ Summer Saturdays - We will be closed on the weekends starting Sat May 21, 2022 and will re-open on Sat Sep 10, 2022.
Winter is upon us! As always, our cold Manitoba winters mean snow shoveling and lots of it! Here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind when braving the cold this winter.
Choose the Right Shovel
- A longer handle requires less forward bending. This means less back fatigue.
- A bent handle shovel can reduce forward bending by up to 16% and will help reduce back pain.
- Choose a shovel with a plastic blade. Plastic shovels are much lighter and make moving heavy snow easier.
- Shovels with slightly smaller blades help prevent lifting too much at once.
- Pace yourself. Take frequent rest breaks when moving heavy loads.
- Keep your hands wider apart on the handle for better leverage and less strain.
- Push the snow on the ground, then lift and throw. Try to take a step in the direction you are throwing to reduce back strain.