❄️ Don't forget! We're open Saturdays during the winter hours to provide flexibility for your schedule.
Winter is upon us! As always, our cold Manitoba winters mean snow shoveling and lots of it! Here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind when braving the cold this winter.
Choose the Right Shovel
- A longer handle requires less forward bending. This means less back fatigue.
- A bent handle shovel can reduce forward bending by up to 16% and will help reduce back pain.
- Choose a shovel with a plastic blade. Plastic shovels are much lighter and make moving heavy snow easier.
- Shovels with slightly smaller blades help prevent lifting too much at once.
- Pace yourself. Take frequent rest breaks when moving heavy loads.
- Keep your hands wider apart on the handle for better leverage and less strain.
- Push the snow on the ground, then lift and throw. Try to take a step in the direction you are throwing to reduce back strain.